Fair pension settlements
Your divorce may well have been stressful with a mix of emotions and at the time you may have thought that you had a lawyer there to fight your corner for a fair settlement, however our experience is that the pension element of divorces is often undervalued leaving you potentially short changed.
Lawyers often advised taking cash or part of your matrimonial home in exchange for your share of your ex-partners pension and often this was done without properly investigating the true and fair value of the retirement package at the time. This means some people may not have a fair pension settlement.
Examples of undervalued pensions
- Failing to investigate your ex-partners pension at all
- Not having the correct documentation to come to a fair value of the pension share
- Failing to use the correct expert, usually an actuary, to advise you of the fair value of the pension
Are you eligible?
“Do I have a claim?” is the question you are probably asking yourself. If your ex-partner worked in the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service, NHS, or as a Teacher or other Civil servant and you were divorced after 2003, then it is likely you have a claim.
There is no contact with your ex-partner and we can obtain compensation for the shortfall between the amount you settled for and what you are entitled to.
Why contact Irvings?
- We offer a FREE initial meeting.
- We’ll come and visit you for a chat if you can’t make it to our office.
- No financial risk for you with our no-win-no-fee promise.
- Insurance protection against all legal costs or disbursements.
- We have fully qualified solicitors who specialise solely in divorce pension resettlement claims.
- You’ll pay absolutely nothing if we lose.
- You will keep a minimum of 75% of any compensation if you win.