Irvings win compensation for lady burnt by skin cream
Mrs D bought some moisturising eye cream from a well known high street store. When she used the cream for the first time she noticed a burning sensation around her eyes and face and her skin felt like it had been sunburnt.
She returned the product to the store but heard nothing further so she came to Irvings. She didn’t even have the receipt.
We were able to contact the store and arrange for analysis to be carried out on the cream. This showed that the cream had been sold beyond its shelf life and was defective.
As a result we were able to negotiate a settlement of £1,000 for Mrs D.
Compensation for scalding due to faulty hot water bottle
Mr G was a disabled gentleman whose wife purchased a hot water bottle from a well known chain store to help ease his pain during a recent cold snap.
The water bottle burst shortly after his wife had filled it with boiling water, and Mr G suffered nasty scalding to his lower abdomen.
The wife informed staff at the store about the accident. Incredibly they found it amusing and were dismissive, rude and discourteous.
Irvings were instructed in the matter and pursued a claim. This resulted in an admission of liability from the insurers for the store who informed us that a faulty batch of hot water bottles had been sold.
Mr G underwent a medical assessment arranged by Irvings so that the full extent of his injuries and how they would affect him in the future was known. We were then able to ensure that the correct amount of compensation was obtained.