Actions against the police
Have you been the victim of a wrongful arrest and/or a malicious prosecution? Has excessive force been used upon you? Have you experienced poor conduct from the Police? With any of these, we can assist to establish whether you may be entitled to compensation.
Regrettably, Police misconduct is not uncommon and the often daunting prospect of ‘suing the Police’ can be made much easier with us by your side every step of the way in order to assist in obtaining the best outcome for you.
Here at Irvings, we have been serving clients for over thirty years and in that time we have helped thousands and thousands receive the highest possible amount of compensation in their often sensitive, severe and complex claims. You, like all of these other previous clients, can easily trust us to effectively deal with your case and bring it against the Police to the highest expected standard.
So, what options are open to you?
You can seek any or all of the following:
- Disciplinary action against a specific Police Officer,
- A formal apology from the Chief Constable, and/or
- Compensation for the mistreatment that you have received.
Are you eligible?
All you need to know is that if you feel that you have been subject to Police mistreatment, you can commence an action against them for that wrongdoing.
Here at Irvings, we do not represent clients using Legal Aid which is often very difficult to obtain in these types of cases anyway. Instead, we act on a ‘no win, no fee’ agreement which is further evidence of our already strong incentive to help you ‘beat the Police’ because if you don’t win, we don’t get paid.
Examples of claims
We can help in situations such as:
- Wrongful Arrest/False Imprisonment
- Assault/Battery (including Police dog bites)
- Malicious Prosecution
- Gross Negligence
- Misfeasance in Public Office (commonly known as ‘abuse of power’ by the Police)
- Unlawful Stop and Search
- Trespass to Property
- Breach of Human Rights
- Breach of Data Protection / Misuse of Personal Information
- Deletion of your biometrical data (DNA/fingerprints)