Actions against the police
If you have been treated wrongly or badly by the Police, you do not have to stand for it. You can do something.
This is when Irvings come in to assist you with our specialist knowledge. Regrettably, Police misconduct is not uncommon and the often daunting prospect of ‘suing the Police’ can be made much easier with us by your side every step of the way in order to assist in obtaining the best outcome for you.
Here at Irvings, we have been serving clients for over thirty years and in that time we have helped thousands and thousands receive the highest possible amount of compensation in their often sensitive, severe and complex claims. You, like all of these other previous clients, can easily trust us to effectively deal with your case and bring it against the Police to the highest expected standard.
So, what options are open to you?
You can seek any or all of the following:
- Take disciplinary action against the specific Police Officer involved.
- Seek a formal apology from the Chief Constable, and/or
- Seek compensation by suing the respective Police Force for the mistreatment that you have received.
Are you eligible?
All you need to know is that if you have been subject to Police mistreatment, you can commence an action against them for that wrongdoing.
Here at Irvings, we do not represent clients using Legal Aid which is often very difficult to obtain in these types of cases anyway. Instead, we act on a ‘no win, no fee’ agreement which is further evidence of our already strong incentive to help you ‘beat the Police’ because if you don’t win, we don’t get paid.
Examples of claims
We can help in situations such as:
- Wrongful Arrest/False Imprisonment
- Assault/Battery (including Police dog bites)
- Malicious Prosecution
- Gross Negligence
- Misfeasance in Public Office (commonly known as ‘abuse of power’ by the Police)
- Unlawful Stop and Search
- Trespass to Property
- Breach of Human Rights
- Breach of Data Protection / Misuse of Personal Information
- Deletion of your biometrical data (DNA/fingerprints)