Claims against landlords: Mould, defective appliances, water damage and more can create dangerous and un-liveable conditions. Your council, housing association or landlord is obligated to ensure your accommodation is free from disrepair. Claims against cavity wall installers: Incorrectly installed cavity wall insulation can also lead to disrepair including mould and dampness.
Examples of Housing Disrepair
- Mould, fungus or dampness
- Leaks, flooding or water damage
- Defective roofing or gutters
- Defective boiler
- Defective windows and doors
- Defective brickwork
- Defective or dangerous electrical wiring
- Insect infestation
Are you eligible?
If you’ve contacted and reported damage or defectiveness that is a health and safety risk to your landlord or housing association and nothing is being done, you could take action by contacting Irvings and take advantage of our expertise with claims against landlords. The court could order the repairs to be done and damages may be claimed for inconvenience, destruction or property or illness due to the disrepair.
Please note: We are only able to help you with claims against Local Authorities and Housing Associations and not private landlords.
Why contact Irvings?
- We offer a FREE initial meeting.
- We’ll come and visit you for a chat if you can’t make it to our office.
- No financial risk for you with our no-win-no-fee promise.
- Insurance protection against all legal costs or disbursements.
- We have fully qualified solicitors who specialise in housing disrepair claims.
- You’ll pay absolutely nothing if we lose.
- You will keep a minimum of 75% of any compensation if you win.