freephone: 0800 954 0243

Elderly Law Care

There is barely a week goes by without an article in the news about the care sector and the difficult issues it faces from poor standards to serious neglect.  The latest headlines ‘Companies running inadequate UK Care homes make profit‘ and ‘Terrifying truth about how care homes are run’ touch on such issues.  This sector deserves the headlines and attention because it is unacceptable that those who are the most vulnerable in society should suffer indignity and neglect.

There is no distinction between private care homes and local authority run homes when it comes to neglect.  These articles cover neglect due to inadequate staffing levels; staff using inappropriate or disproportionate use of physical restraint; residents being placed at risk due to lack of supervision by staff and abuse of residents.

The reports of negligence in care homes are on the increase.  If you have a member of your family in a care home and you have concerns then you should raise them immediately with the care provider. If you are not sure if they are being cared for properly then there are some warning signs you can check for such as pressure sores, weight loss and any signs of physical injury such as fractures, bruising or scratches.  In addition to physical injuries you should bear in mind psychological injuries which might present with your loved one appearing sad, confused or depressed.

If you decide that seeking compensation on behalf of your relative is the right thing to do Irvings are experienced in handling any such potential claims.

What can I claim for?

  • Neglect
  • Pressure sores
  • Broken bones
  • Restraining marks
  • Physical/emotional and sexual abuse
  • Failure to supervise resulting in trips falls and other accidents
  • Careless handling or transferring

How much will it cost me?

We take on your claim on a No Win No Fee basis. this means that we only get paid when we win your claim.  In successful cases there will be a maximum deduction from your compensation of 25% in addition to any legal costs paid by the other side.

How do i start my claim?

You can call Irvings on freephone 0800 954 0243 or email We offer a free initial consultation either in person or by telephone.

Author: Sinead Woods

Back to Irvings News
freephone: 0800 954 0243
| Website designed & hosted by Cyberfrog Design