GDPR & Data Breach
Private companies and public bodies acquire an unprecedented amount of personal and sensitive information/data on a daily basis. It is of paramount importance that these companies/bodies use and store your information/data correctly and legally.
Unfortunately, given the development of technology, we are finding that information/data is being regularly used and stored incorrectly and often also disclosed when it shouldn’t and even sometimes to incorrect third party. Further, we have even come across IT systems being ‘hacked’ meaning that the security of your personal and sensitive information/data is wholly inadequate and susceptible of being leaked into the public domain.
You have the right under GDPR, the Data Protection Act and the Human Rights Act to have your personal and sensitive information/data kept accurate and private because if it is not correct or alternatively is allowed to get into the public domain, then serious damage can be caused to you both emotionally and financially.
Here at Irvings, we have been serving clients for over thirty years and in that time we have helped thousands and thousands receive the highest possible amount of compensation in their often sensitive, severe and complex claims. You, like all of these other previous clients, can easily trust us to effectively deal with your case and bring it against the defaulting party to the highest expected standard.
So, what options are open to you?
You can seek any or all of the following:
- Complain to the private company or public body in default directly.
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (‘the ICO’).
- Request that the error be rectified by declaration.
- Seek an injunction to ensure the defaulting party does not do the same again.
- Seek compensation for damage that has been caused to you.
GDPR & DATA PROTECTION CASE REPORTS
Are you eligible?
All you need to know is that if you think that your personal and sensitive information/data has been breached, you can commence an action against the defaulting party for their wrongdoing.
Here at Irvings, we do not represent clients using Legal Aid. Instead, we act on a ‘no win, no fee’ agreement which is further evidence of our already strong incentive to help you obtain the remedy you desire because if you don’t win, we don’t get paid. In addition, we have an agreement with an Insurance provider who (subject to assessment of prospects) is willing to fund your case through the Court process should that be necessary at no cost to you.
You have absolutely nothing to lose (and everything to gain) by contacting us.
Examples of claims
We can help in situations such as:
- Storing inaccurate and out-of-date information/data
- Holding data longer than necessary
- Making public confidential information/data
- Failing to adequately protect information/data from hackers
- Using information/data outside of its stated purpose
- Disclosing information/data without consent
- Disclosing information/data with consent to incorrect party.